“A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
Our family has the opportunity to travel around the world during the summer of 2015. We want to give you glimpse of some of the things that we see, to introduce some of the people we meet, and to share some of the things we learn.
(RTW = 'Round the World)
Where We Are Going
- Tokyo, Japan
- Seoul, Korea
- Beijing, China
- Mumbai, India
- Paris, France
- Normandy, France
- London, England
- Tel Aviv, Israel
- Jerusalem, Israel
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Berlin, Germany
- Rio de Janareio, Brazil
Our family wanted to select a theme for our trip around the world. We selected the following scripture from Doctrine & Covenants:
WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE HOPE TO SHARE:
- We are all children of a loving Heavenly Father. We see His hand of love and mercy extended to all people. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to be the Savior of all mankind.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is led by a living prophet today.
What we hope to learn:
- There are good, inspirational, and innovative people in all of the countries of the world.
- We can learn from the history, culture, and traditions of people around the world.
- We can learn from courageous leaders of the past and present, but some of the greatest examples come from kind, hard-working, ordinary people.